23 weeks and 4 days down and 115 days to go!! What a ride it's been... Everyone has told me that being pregnant is the best feeling in the world, and well, this statement is true for the most part. I was sick for the first several months..not just morning sick...but sick sick! It seemed for a while that I caught everything going around! Not only did I have the WORST hip pain to where I could barely walk, I had a UTI, and had to be put on a thyroid medication because my levels were too high. It has been a rough ride. Now, before you come to the conclusion that I'm not truly thankful for this little baby growing inside of me...let me say this. Haley is truly a miracle and we are very blessed that we get to meet her soon!! The fact that we will be parents to an amazing little girl has made all of the rough times way worth it and feeling her abuse my insides by her kick boxing, makes all of the pain in the beginning worth it! Since I have been in the second trimester, it has been easier. Besides the obvious drawbacks of a big belly (not being able to put on shoes as easy as you used to, not being able to shave, having to roll out of bed etc) I'm so totally in love. It now feels like a pregnancy instead of an alien life form in side of my belly (eventhough she would be a very cute alien).
I remember the first time we went to the doctor to see our baby. We were both so nervous. We didn't know if we would be able to hear the heartbeat or if we were even still pregnant. So much is unknown in the first trimester (especially since you can't feel the baby move) and the unknown is a scary place... As soon as the doctor came in, she found the heart beat almost immediately! I can not tell you how relieved I was to hear that faint pitter patter of our baby's heart! It was really early...we went at 6 weeks...usually they can't find a heartbeat that early!!! Thank God she did! It put a lot of my worries to ease. We made our next appointment for 4 weeks after and they were able to do a 3D picture. Wow!!! It was so hard to believe that in just 4 short weeks, our baby went from a cute little dot on the screen to a little baby!! With these two appointments, I was able to keep my composure and not tear up or cry. Not that I didn't want to...I was just in so much shock and awe that my emotions were the last on my mind :). At our 14 week appointment, we didn't get a sonogram (I was pretty disappointed about that) but we went to go hear the heartbeat and run labs on me. The heartbeat was a strong 173 and sounded so beautiful!! We make our next appointment for another 4 weeks out for the gender scan!! Those 4 weeks seemed to go by the slowest! See, all along, I had a feeling our baby was a girl. Eventhough I have never had a baby before, I just knew...mothers intuition I guess :) I had dreams of holding a baby girl in my arms (and her name was Haley) all the time. All of the old wives tales pointed towards a boy but I still knew. When my mom, mother and father in law, Rossi and I crowded into the small ultrasound room, I started to get real anxious! I was so excited! Well, of course, our baby was being modest and wouldn't show us the "money shot" right away. The doctor had to shake my belly a few times to get the perfect shot so she could be sure. Our baby was definiely busy punching me but kept those small legs crossed... But then....all of a sudden, she said, "Do you see those 3 lines right there? You're having a GIRL!!" Oh! Those tears that I haven't cried yet all came out at once!! Rossi's face was priceless...he was in complete awe. His face is something I will never forget. I looked up at him right after she said that, and said "You are going to have a Daddy's girl!" The ultrasound tech was trying to get her measurements but she was being a wild child (go figure...momma's girl, remember?) and wouldn't hold still. :)We got Trelisha (my sister in law) on the phone and I talked to her for a minute while we were still looking at our sweet baby girl. I don't remember much else from that doctors visit...everything seemed to be in a blur. I know I had to run some more blood work but that is all I remember. We went out to eat after to celebrate...then SHOPPING!!!! :) Our next appointment is tomorrow. At this appointment, we will be able to get better measurements of our sweet girl and get a bunch of fun 3D images. I can't wait to find out what she looks like!
I just want to thank everyone for their support and prayers. It really means a lot to us. I will post more later this week with some pictures of Haley Reneé Bell :)
No comments:
Post a Comment